How To Choose An Eb-5 Project
EB-5 projects offer an immigration vehicle to the United States. There are over 225 Regional Centers, with many EB-5 projects to choose from. There is only one state-operated regional center. Operated by the Agency of Commerce and Community Development, the State of Vermont is considered a designated regional center. Projects launched in this regional center are not guaranteed to succeed and may go through high levels of scrutiny.
Working with an EB-5 Visa Consultant
There are companies that offer EB-5 visa advice and consultancy services. These companies receive a percentage of the administration fee that the investor pays to become part of the EB-5 project. These administration fees may vary per project.
Should you choose to work with an EB-5 visa consultant, here are some guidelines:
- Not all EB-5 projects work with EB-5 consultants. This means that advice from a consultant will be limited and their experience will only be based on projects that work with them.
- Not many EB-5 consultants have sufficient knowledge with immigration rules, unless they are also immigration lawyers. Thus, one cannot be 100 percent sure that the advice given by an EB-5 consultant is up to date.
- EB-5 consultants are not licensed securities brokers, so their advice where such issues are concerned may not be reliable.
- EB-5 consultants are said to be paid the same fee from all EB-5 projects. The time period and stage of payment may vary, resulting in favorable projects.
- You may receive an administrative fee discount in certain EB-5 projects when the consultant does not receive a referral fee.